Did you know store-bought marinaras are full of sugar + other needless additives? Making my own marinara seemed overwhelming when I began my health journey... now it's something I throw together while I am preparing my spiralized zucchini or spaghetti squash. I hope you give this recipe a try to see how doable this is!
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15oz can of organic crushed tomatoes
- pink salt
- handful of freshly chopped basil or about 1tbsp dried basil
- In a large saucepan, drizzle olive oil and brown garlic over low-medium heat
- Add tomatoes and bring to
- Add in seasonings, stir, taste, and add more if needed
- After the marinara has lightly boiled and started to thicken, remove from heat.
- Wait a few minutes for it to continue to thicken + enjoy!