5 Hot Drinks That Aren't Coffee
Coffee is good. Great, even. It's the soft nudge pulling you out of bed when your eyelids still feel slightly glued. It's the nostalgic sips of deep conversations with old friends. Coffee is a warm hug, an iced vacation and a kind afternoon pick-me-up poured up in a cute mug. Of course, we're all obsessed. Sometimes our bodies need a break though. Especially if you consume it in the copious amounts that I did.
Before you stop reading and hate me forever, I still enjoy coffee on occasion. Everyone's bodies work differently and coffee may suit you just fine. For me, my body doesn't process a lot of coffee very well. Also, I found it was the warm and cozy feeling that I really missed the most, despite currently living in Texas and not needing to warm up, ever. I realized this after cutting it out for a month. Cue searching for something warm to pour in my 'OHIO' mug and sip. Whether you jive with coffee or you don't; these 5 hot drinks are worth are try. And they bring all the warm + cozy feels you'll need.
5 hot COFFEE-ALTERNATIVES
1. Teeccino - You can order online and it brews just like your coffee would. All their flavors are naturally caffeine-free so you can enjoy even in the evening. (Praise Hands) The brew below I made just like my bulletproof coffee.
2. Vanilla Almond Milk Steamer- Simple + sweet. I love this in the evening when winding down after putting the kids to bed. Search STEAM on the site for the recipe.
3. Collagen Hot Cocoa- This drink is super indulgent and extra lovely because you get the collagen boost. This is a perfect option to mix your adaptogenic herbs into. 12 oz. warmed almond milk + 1 scoop Ancient Nutrition Chocolate Bone Broth Powder + 1 tsp ghee or coconut oil + any adaptogens you want to include. Reishi + Ashwagandha are my go-to's for hot cocoa. Side note:you can also use 2 tbsp cacao powder + 2 scoops collagen peptides + 1 tbsp maple syrup instead of the bone broth powder. ;)
4. Hot CALM Water- I had no idea the relaxing effects of magnesium until this past year. Simply pour one serving of this supplement into hot water and you have a sweet sip that totally helps chill you out. This is another evening jam! (There are other fizzy magnesium drink brands out there too)
5. Chai Tea Latte- This is a beautiful way to wake up in the morning. Something about being extra sleepy requires EXTRA FROTH. Search LATTE on the site for the recipe.
Whether you're wanting to take a break from coffee, or your body is demanding that you do so or even if you just want a different something to fill your mug; I hope one of these fills the gap for you.