Mocha Cake Batter Bowl
Sweets are my "Achilles heel." I am satisfied with healthier versions of all my favorite savory dishes - but when it comes to sweets, I usually choose the bad stuff and in LARGE quantities (spoiler alert: I'm not perfect). HOWEVER, I recently made this weird concoction in my kitchen and thought "OH MY GOD... THIS IS SO GOOD." Then I immediately thought "you must be desperate... try it again tomorrow." So the next day, I made this again making sure my husband had some too to make sure I wasn't crazy. Turns out I'm crazy, just not about this concoction that I am naming "mocha cake better." I wanted to call it "crack batter" - but I am trying to keep it classy.
What to expect with this recipe:
- one serving will satisfy your sweet tooth and leave you with a lasting "full" feeling
- high quality protein and healthy fats with LOW LACTOSE thanks to the way icelandic skyr is processed
- the anti-oxident power of over 8000 ORAC units (it would take 20 fruits/veggies servings to get this) in one bowl
- a vitamin boost via collagen you need to support healthy hair, skin, nails, bone and joint health, digestion, and muscle recovery
- a 2 minute prep
- 2 x 5.3oz Siggi's Yogurts Vanilla or Coconut flavor (your grocery store will have these in the refrigerated dairy or natural area)
- 1 scoop Mocha Greens Powder - this green powder packs the antioxidant punch + tastes baller
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: unsweetened coconut, cherries, raspberries, granola, or use it as a dip with your favorite fruits.
In a medium bowl, add the Siggi's then stir in ingredients one powder at a time. Top with whatever goodies you'd like and enjoy!
A FEW TIPS: You can make this ahead of time and keep in the fridge - great for a work snack! I highly suggest the Greens powder in mocha or cafe mocha... however if you don't have it, you can add more cacao to taste (although it will be slightly less sweet and powerful for your body).