Pesto Salmon & Roasted Italian Vegetables
Loving this fresh + flavorful meal! My husband and I were wandering around Fresh Thyme Market looking for inspiration. We knew we wanted salmon, then the GORGEOUS colors of the rainbow potatoes & carrots caught my eye. It is cooling down here in Cincinnati, so this fall-feeling meal hit the spot with it's hearty taste, but felt light on our stomachs!
This meal was created and inspired by our collaboration with our local Fresh Thyme Market. I hope you enjoy this fancier take on our always simple + healthy recipes!
ROASTED RAINBOW CARROTS + POTATOES
- rainbow potatoes (or fingerling)
- rainbow carrots (or regular)
- olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- basil, parsley, fresh thyme, salt, and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425
- Cut potatoes in half (all roughly the same size) and peel carrots
- In a bowl, mix about 1/4c olive oil, 1tbsp basil, 1tbsp parsley, your minced garlic, a few pinches of salt, and a pinch of pepper. Your mixture should be a little thick from all the spices.
- Brush herb olive oil generously onto your carrots then place carrots on your skillet/pan. Throw your halved potatoes into your herb olive oil bowl and toss.
- Spread veggies onto a pan and place fresh thyme sprigs throughout (I use cast iron skillets - separating veggies in case they don't roast at the same rate) and roast until the edges start to brown. The timing depends on how large your pieces are - mine are usually done in 25-30 minutes.
- fresh salmon
- salt + pepper
- olive oil
- pesto (I purchased mine at Fresh Thyme)
- In a pre-heated med-hot pan, add olive oil.
- Add a couple pinches of salt & pepper to each side of the salmon (keep skin on)
- Place salmon in your pre-heated pan. Cook each side for about 2-3 minutes (depending on how thick it is).
- Remove from pan when the salmon is cooked through. With your brush, add pesto to your hearts desire. (My husband's heart desires A LOT of pesto!)
- Plate on fresh thyme sprigs if you like it fancy.