Sprouted Grain Pizza
We love two meals in this house: pizza and Mexican food. We are pretty much snobs when it comes to replacing pizza with a healthier option. We weren't impressed with Trader Joe's cauliflower crust (and the ingredients aren't that great), the chicken-crust pizza wasn't a hit, and we loved some homemade cauli-crusts - but it completely took away the quick + easy part of pizza that we love.
Walking through Fresh Thyme, I picked up Angelic Bakery's Flatzza. This product is a sprouted grain flatbread that non-GMO, dairy-free, soy-free, vegetarian, and packs only 130 calories per flatbread. I threw together this recipe, not expecting much - and boy! It was amazing. So, I am sharing my accidentally delicious pizza that is nearly guilt-free.
- one 7-Grain Flatzza (Angelic Bakery brand)
- pizza sauce - I make my own by cooking down my marinara recipe until it becomes thick
- handful of spinach
- thinly sliced red onion
- 2tbsp ricotta
- 1tbsp Fresh Thyme's goat cheese
- Fresh Thyme's spicy Italian chicken sausage, from deli counter - chopped and cooked
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350
- Brush Olive Oil on each side of Flatzza, bake 5 minutes on each side
- Pile on your ingredients: pizza sauce, veggies, cheeses, then your cooked sausage
- Bake until the pizza starts to brown (about 15 minutes)