Clean(er) Chicken Salad
Weird craving alert! I found myself needing chicken salad over the weekend. After perusing through Pinterest to no avail, I decided to make my own clean(er) recipe with my inspiration in hand (or mind, I suppose.)
WHY I LOVE IT:
- It takes less than 10 minutes to make
- It stays good in the fridge (I meal prep Sunday and will eat it until Wed/Thursday).
- Easy to pack for busy ladies or for those who work in an office
- Contains a great balance of healthy fats, protein, and carbs (if you serve on bun).
2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1/4c mayonaise (I use Primal Kitchen Avo Mayo)
- 1/3c plain greek yogurt
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 2 handfuls of dried cranberries
- 2 handfuls of chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp poppyseeds
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- salt + pepper to taste
Directions: add ingredients to a bowl, stir, and enjoy!
I love to serve these with Ezekiel Bread - I found Ezekiel hamburger buns that are the perfect size!