Adaptogen Snack Balls
I recently fell in love with fat balls after finding inspiration from a pin on Pinterest by Mommypotamus. I also needed a quick breakfast that I could literally grab-and-go... other than my favorite bacon gouda Starbs sanwhich. I fell in love with my first version of the recipe and have been adapting ever since. So, I am going to give you a "base recipe" for these balls along with what I added to make this version - cocoa adaptogen goodness.
BASE RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
- 1c cashews
- 1c pitted dates
- 1/2c unsweetened coconut
- 1/2tbsp vanilla
- if needed: water to make sticky
- DIRECTIONS: add all ingredients into a blender and blend until the mixture becomes sticky. If you blend for 60 seconds+ and it is not sticky, add 1/2tbsp water until you get the right consistency.
What I love about this recipe is that is it a simple base - and you can add whatever powders, liquids, or extras that you desire. I use these snack balls as a quick breakfast and I PACK them with the nutrition and supplements I need every morning. Keep reading for this cocoa version....
- all base ingredients
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1tbsp cacao powder
- 1tbsp coconut MTC oil
- 2 tbsp maca powder
- 1 1/2tsp Sun Potion Mucuna Pruriens powder
- 4 scoops L-Theanine powder
- 1 scoop Cafe Mocha Greens powder
As you can see, I packed these babies full of almost every powdered adaptogen or supplement that I am currently taking. If you are already taking supplements, this is a great way to sneak them in. If you are interested in any of the adaptogens + products I use, I have linked up the exact brand/product I use!