Golden Milk Turmeric Latte
Enough with the white-knuckling through a fancy superfood recipe and pretending like "it is totally, like, the best thing ever!" I've done it. You know - that water, lemon, ACV tonic with any superfood I can get to mix in... I've shot back a few of those drinks with and without crying.
I'm saying ENOUGH. Here is your anti-inflammatory, turmeric-centric, superfood latte that will make your heart and body happy! This recipe will take your turmeric lattes from level "sh*t" to "THE SH*T."
- Golden Root Turmeric Latte Mix
- 8-12oz warmed non-dairy milk (I use almond)
- OPTIONAL: 1 tsp honey + a few dashes of cinnamon
WHY TURMERIC IS GOOD FOR YOU:
- Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory spice that has been commonly used in India for thousands of years. Why is it important to keep inflammation in your body at bay? Too much inflammation in the body has been linked to numerous Western diseases. Chronic, long-term, inflammation works against your body's own tissues. I am not a doctor, but I encourage my friends and family with autoimmune issues to look into anti-inflammatory diets and natural remedies. In my opinion, many times autoimmune and inflammation walk hand in hand.
- It is an antioxidant, which means it fights free-radicals in your body. What does that mean, you ask? It protects your body from the damage done by harmful molecules roaming around inside you.
- Turmeric is best absorbed by the body when taken with black pepper (also in Golden Root's formula) and a fatty meal. To unlock the full power of turmeric, you can take a curcumin supplement.
- Curcumin, which is in turmeric, has beneficial effects on several factors known to play a role in heart disease.
- It can help arthritis patients because the issue is caused by inflammation of the joints. Turmeric contains curcumin - which fights the inflammation, helping the patient.